Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Toy Story Cake

I almost forgot to post about this fun cake! Have you seen Toy Story? I might be the only who hasn't seen that popular movie, but I recognize the characters. Well, I had to create a cake with this theme so my I rented the movie for my daugther (and me).



The cake is 'marbled' with buttercream in a two tone yellow/white color. It is the first time I do this and it turned out great. Inside the cake we have a Tres Leches cake and no filling. The delicate consistency of this cake doesn't allow for fillings otherwise it might colapse. Our Tres Leches cake is typically soaked with a delicious mix of milks and sometimes coconut syrup for extra flavor.



Here's Bullseye (in chocolate), Woody's trusty steed.


A little three eyed green alien also made from chocolate.

 

And here we got Woody (an old-fashion pull-string stuffed cowboy doll), Buzz Lightyear (space ranger from star command), and the signature movie logo.

The movie was very funny and I still need to rent Toy Story 2 so we can be ready for Toy Story 3 later this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment