Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Disco Time!

One of my best friends, Dessie, asked me to make a very special cake for her husband's surprise birthday party. Jon (Dessie's husband) is a wonderful person, very joyful and always with such a positive attitude was turning the big "4" "0" so I wanted to make something unique for him.



The party had a Disco theme so I thought this would be appropriate. Everyone at the party was dressed up and they even had a prize for the best dressed. Neither of us (Matt or I) won mainly because we 'forgot' to put on a costume. Remember the 5 inch high in the sky hair all of us ladies (I mean 'you ladies') used to wear? The party brought back some memories....

The cake was a very moist Chocolate cake with Chocolate Ganache. We covered it in vanilla buttercream and the disco image is made out of chocolate (of course). We used different color sprays to create the colorful design.

We love you Jon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment